Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Week

Yesterday we took a group trip to Tian'amen square. Hooray touristy things! Sorry I'm not writing much, I'm so exhausted. Pictures are more interesting anyway.




Yes, this is a three-storey KFC. Right across from Tian'amen Square.

I'm pretty sure this is where Mao's body is. Note the Chinese guard to the left.

This is the drum tower. There are drums inside. Wow, sorry I'm so tired right now.

The stairs inside that building are so ridiculously steep. I thought I was going to die. Not really, but it was kind of scary.

The drums.

BEIJING! From the top of the drum tower. This photo does not do the crazy drivers justice.







This is Houhai lake. People are ice-skating! They had these weird chairs attached to skis that people were riding around on. Also they had ice bikes.



These are the Hutongs near Houhai lake. There are some really awesome restaurants, shops, and bars in this area.

Adorable.

Me, Caitlin, and Jordan, some new people I've met this week.

Why is everything in China adorable?

Ok so I'm like dead right now. We're leaving on monday to go to Yunnan where I will be until Feb 2. I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Sara
    We are so jealous. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Grandma and Grandpa are here in Texas looking at this blog with us. Hope you have a great time.
    Roger, Della Taylor & Austin
    Also Grandma and Grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.

    drums.

    sex in DA city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "this is the drum tower. there are drums inside." ahah great commentary!! I'm so glad you're all right (and you're taking lots of pictures!) Have an awesome time in Yunnan!!

    ReplyDelete